masquerade cbotb

Saturday 29 January 2011

A Wedding Card to go with the Wedding Album

Finally put the finishing touches to my card, could I find a matching butterfly anywhere -no I couldn't. Then I suddenly remembered one that had come on a tag from a birthday a couple of years ago, and miracles of miracles, I actually knew where to find it!!
So this is a LOTV image, with LOTV circle sentiments and a hand written 'with love', edged with faux stitching, coloured with promarkers and edged with chalks. The matching ribbon is from papermania's capsule collection and the orange roses I collected ages ago from a sewing shop in the south of England, whilst on holiday.
I have used my new border punch for the flower effect along the horizontal cream band (x-cut) and again I have used my chalks on the edging and have finished it off with the gorgeous butterfly which has a wooden body and metal antennae.
I so enjoyed making this card, hope you like it too.
I am entering it into:-
Friday Sketchers #139 - Sketch by Jorunn
Allsorts wk 88 - Saving Nature (recycled butterfly)
CES Challenges #21 - Bold and Bright
Thanks for looking
xxx

10 comments:

jenny said...

Gorgeous card Heidi, love the bright colours and that LOTV image is lovely x

Jenny x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Heidi
A gorgeous card,love the colours,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
Hugs Dianne xx

CraftyC said...

This is a beautiful card Heidi and such a pretty colour combo. Thanks for playing along this weeks CES Challenge!
Clairexx

Unknown said...

Beautiful and so romatic card and wonderful papers and colors! Thank you for joining us over at FSB!

Hugs,
Jorunn

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful colours and sweet image.
luv
Debby

Mummylade said...

such warm and happy colours. Thank you so much for entering my recycling challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card.. love the super bright colours!! super fabby card, thanks for playing with us at CES xx

Debs said...

Beautiful card - lovely warm colours and adorable image.
Love the recycled butterfly.
Thanks for playing along at Allsorts this week & good luck.
Debs xx

Emma said...

A beautiful card...I love the colours.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Suzanne said...

A gorgeous card. Thanks for playing at Crafty Catz x