masquerade cbotb

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Blue Butterflies

So then, another card made. I am on a roll just now, kiddies have all been good and occupied, some watching dvd's and some making cards. (Perhaps I should type this as a whisper!)  This card is a LOTV image from a pack that I got from a magazine, loads of images to colour.

I have coloured her with my promarkers (which all seem to be running out at the moment, so might try some copics next time, see if they last any longer than 1yr). 
I have used some DCWV card as the base, then layered up some bazzil and other blues (and thrown in a bit of purple for contrast).  The pearls have been added around the corners of the frame and then I used a PM to 'sew' around the edge of the image.
The butterfly is from Papermania, the flower is a mixture of die cuts , prima and one that I made myself from punches and wet scrunching, then added glitter when dry, attached together with a silver brad.
The ribbon with the vellum birthday sticker is a dovecraft I believe.

I am sharing my card with the following challenges:-}

Flutterby Wednesdays - anything goes - sponsors this week are paper pretties
Bizzy Becs Challenge - The colour blue and butterflies

Thanks for looking

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! What a beautiful butterfly! I love your flower too. I love the colors you used, love it!

Tracey said...

This is beautiful Heidi, I love that image & the flower & butterfly finish the card off perfectly :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Sandra H said...

Gorgeous as ever Heidi your cards are a great inspiration to us all:) Sandra H