Well I have finished my ATC Banner for my Hubby, hope he likes it after all this hiding each one sometimes very carefully cos they have still been wet.
I have got lovely and messy, with my chalks, inks, glossy glues and various other sticky icky lovely stuff.
So thanks Neil for thinking up such a fun project. Have thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Here are a few other pics (rather a lot so you might need a cuppa) and a wee bit of info on making each one.
This 'B' ATC is made using versamark onto a script rubber stamp, then a light coloured chalk over it, next using my stazon I stamped an image of two birds. The letter is made from a square of newspaper printed card. I cut out the black card and stuck it to the newspaper print to form a shadow image, I glittered with stickles and sprinkled small beads accross it (sorry don't have any micro beads). Added a wee heart attached witha pearl brad.
The 'E' ATC is made by this time versamarking the atc first, then applying various coloured chalks diagonally. I stamped down one side with a small stamp and tied in the effect on the E that I cut out from card and inked with a terracotta (pale). The butterfly is a sizzix die, which has been embossed and altered again with inks and chalks.
The 'M' atc has been embossed and then chalked, the flower made as per Neils Instructions (Here) The tag I used is one from a dragon/fairy pack that I have in my stash and the M is from a stick on pack, that I have then silver matt coloured.
The 'Y' atc has been gently coloured (one half) with a peachy chalk and then stamped with white ink and then stamped again with the 'with love' sentiments on top. I have added another wee heart charm and a swirl that I have carefully cut out after stamping the shape onto plain card. The 'y' is hand cut from corrugated cream card, onto that I have then used silver inks and chalks
The 'V' atc again has been embossed and pigment inked, the wee pic is from a HOTP booklet from ages ago, the wee heart I snaffled from an old broken bracelet. The V has been handcut from glitter card then glittered and chalked.
The 'A' atc has been versamarked with a script stamp and chalked. The Roses have been added with Stazon. The flower as before (See Here) for how to make. The 'a' is covered with copper glitter and a Mother of Pearl heart added to the top rhs corner.
The 'L' cut from card again and the heart from mirror card and stamped with a fairy image with stazon. I cut out a crown which I covered with black glue and small metallic beads. The base of the atc is lightly checkered which was done by covering certain areas and then chalking what was left and moving these around, then stamped over with a whispers stamp in 'butterscotch' using my penny black snow scroll.
The 'E' atc I made from some 12 x 12 sheets. A whole piece and then added some strips. The die cut sizzix butterfly is cut from gold card then embossed, then glue and metallic beads added. The 'E' has been made with the same idea as the 'B' but using black glue and metallic beads filling the blank spaces.
The 'N' has been made using a stick on n from a pack and stippled with red plastic paint. The atc has been gently embossed and chalked, then the frame was hand cut from card and tinted using inks and a sentiment stamped and a piece of fibre attached.
The 'T' atc has been embossed and then chalked. The T has been made from card , inked and then corrugated, and again another gorgeous home made flower (by the way, I cut each of these layers out by hand for each of the flowers, but the effect is brilliant)
The 'I' atc was the most messy and the one I am least happy with, but here goes, an image stamped on the atc and then painted around the edge with green, allowed to dry and chalked over in many pinks and purples. The butterfly has been silvered and the 'I' was coloured with greens and blues (chalks), then gently varnished to glisten.
The 'N' atc has strips added from the sheets of the 'E' atc. The N & Heart has been coloured with red/orange ink and stamped with a wee heart. The heart was cut from card and the N also.
The 'E' atc has been put together from two atc's, I have embossed one, then attached half of the other after carefully tearing it apart, this side was peach coloured and the embossed side was very gently brushed with chalk. The E was hand cut and then glittered, and then another die cut butterfly with dark reds and terracotta inks.
At last this is the last one, an exclamation mark. Gently chalked atc, with a stamped coloured image (coloured with promarkers) and highlighted with my white pen. The ! has been cut from corrugated cream card, inked red, then glittered.
Thanks for bearing with me, if you made it this far. Hope you like them, I have enjoyed this little challenge and am now going to post it and link it to :-
Neelz Expressions - Valentine ATC Banner challenge
A Spoonful of Sugar challenge 138 Lets see some love
Paper take weekly - Have a heart
My Partner in Crafting Crime 19- Love minus red or pink
Passionate for Promarkers wk 86 - Let there be love
Fab n Funky Challenges - Tempting Texture
Flutterby Wednesday 141 - At least three hearts
Love and hugs