masquerade cbotb

Monday 7 May 2012

Medals and Monarchs for Stampalot Guest Designer spot



I was so excited when I was asked to produce something for the Medals and Monarchs Challenge for Stampalot for the Month of May.  I coloured with promarkers and stampin up markers, used stampin up designer papers and a sugar nellie stamp that i have to admit had been lurking in the drawer unused. I hand wrote the sentiment (I know my writing is terrible,but i do try hard) and used some of the lovely ribbons that I had won from Stampalot. 
I found a crown in my stash and fixed it onto a flower and added some gems for extra sparkle.



The medal that I made is my representation of the queens jubilee medal. I found one on the net and made a similar hand drawn one. I added some super wide blue ribbon as I didn't have a red white and blue one unfortunately.  This was attached via a large silver loop that I sandwiched between two punched circles.
Challenges
Simons says - 3rd birthday celebrations
Papertake weekly - Anything Goes
Thanks for looking

Heidi x



8 comments:

jenny said...

Fabulous card Heidi :) Gorgeous colouring and I love the crown embellishment!
Fab medal too!

Jenny xx

coops said...

so stunning heidi.gorgeous image and i love your bold colours ;D

xx coops xx

Brodders said...

Lovely card :) Glad you joined in with the challenge over at Papertake Weekly - Jane x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Lovely card so sweet. Thanks for playing on Papertake Weekly, Hazelxoxo

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card!! Love that image and the fabulous medal!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

downrightcrafty said...

just gorgeous I love it
Hugs Kate xx

Evelina Wikberg said...

Fab card! Love what you done with the ribbons too. So nice to see something different! See you soon. xxx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Heidi, wow your colouring is fantastic, love the bright colorus xxx